Welcome to our new “Walk on the Burren” Day Tour during which our guests get to personally experience the amazing landscape of the Burren area of Co Clare in the company of the “Walk With Pius” man himself, Pius Murray.
Pius is delighted to share his vast depth of knowledge of the Burren and invites visitors to explore its secret places and immerse themselves in the spirituality of this stunning, unique, karst landscape, on the Wild Atlantic Way.
This guided walk will enable you to connect with the landscape, view limestone paving, visit archaeological and sacred sites and enjoy the breath-taking scenery of our beautiful County.
Exploration of the flora, fauna, geology, history, archaeology, mythology and farming practices of the Burren, are an integral part of making your walk interesting and enjoyable.
Enjoy his amusing commentary and insights – this will provide ample opportunity for personal interaction with him.!!!
- We collect you at your base and take a drive through the beautiful countryside of Co Clare.
- Meet with Pius who will take us on a Magical Walk on this wonderful landscape.
- Visit other famous sites in this area including Poulnabrone Dolmen, Burren Perfumery and Leamaneh Castle – Hear the story of the notorious Maire Rua ( Red Mary).!!
- Learn about a “Turlough” – a unique type of disappearing lake found mostly in this area.
- Continue on to Kilmacduagh Monastic Site to experience it’s peace, tranquility, magnificent ruins and Round Tower – Highest in Ireland & known locally as “The Leaning Tower of Clare” !!!
- Arrive back to base refreshed after a wonderful day’s tour.!!!
We can accommodate up to 8 passengers and special requests will be included where possible.(On some occasions we may be able to accommodate more than 8 passengers – Please ask.) Some of the details above may change due to circumstances on the day. Price on application depending on the number of people in your group.
Contact us now for details of this amazing Tour in the Burren Landscape of Co Clare.!!!
We are flexible – If you have a particular tour in mind, we would love to hear from you.
Further Information and Bookings : Contact Derek : Tel : + 353 (0) 87 2704380 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org. PM on Facebook.