Enjoy a wonderful experience with our new “Inis Oirr (Aran Islands) and Cliffs of Moher-By Sea & Land” Day Tour.
Spend a few hours on Inis Oirr/Inisheer with our expert Guide Pius Murray, enjoy lunch, sail beneath the Cliffs of Moher for a close up view and then on to the iconic Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre.
Inis Oirr is the smallest of the Aran Islands and is characterized by its distinctive charm and Burrenesque landscape. On approach and arrival, marvellous natural vistas and historical sights are immediately gained. We will take you on a magical procession through mixed historical and vast geological time. Though bounded by the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean, Inis Oirr has a surprising array of historical sights – remnants of successive waves of human culture that have swept over this beautiful and wild island.
The Cliffs of Moher are 5 miles long and 700 ft high, at it’s highest point at Knockardin, near O’Brien’s Tower. From here the views are breathtaking – East to the Burren landscape, West to the Aran Islands & Galway Bay, North to the Twelve Pins & Maamturk Mountains in Connemara and South to Loop Head and beyond to the Kerry Mountains.
Look Up and then Look Down at the amazing Cliffs – You may even spot puffins, dolphins, seals or basking sharks.!!!
- We collect you at your base and head to Doolin, Co Clare & a short trip aboard the Doolin Express to Inis Oirr.
- We take a Pony & Trap Ride – No traffic jams here !!! – See the small fields with stone walls and unique water troughs.
- Visit the Plassey Shipwreck, St Caomhan’s 10thC Church & Cemetery and Cnoc Raithni(Hill of Bracken) – Bronze Age Burial Mound and the oldest monument on the island.
- Learn the history of the Napoleonic Signal Tower and the O’Brien Castle Ruins.
- Enjoy a wonderful Lunch in Teach an Tae/Aran Café Tea Rooms with it’s heritage menu and homegrown ingredients.
- Then it’s back on board the ferry to experience 300 million years of history as we sail beneath the Cliffs.
- We get close to An Branán Mór, the great sea stack, which is home to Ireland’s largest mainland nesting bird colony. You will pass the sea cave from ‘Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince’ and the famous surfing spot ‘Aill na Searrach’.
- Travel to the Visitor Centre and look down on the Cliffs to where you were only a short time previously.!!!
Arrive back to base refreshed after a wonderful day’s tour.!!!
Price includes : Transport throughout the day, Return Ferry Trip to/from Inis Oirr, Cruise to the Cliffs, Pony & Trap Ride and Entry Fee to the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre. (You pay separately for lunch)
We can accommodate up to 8 passengers and special requests will be included where possible.(On some occasions we may be able to accommodate more than 8 passengers – Please ask.) Some of the details above may change due to circumstances on the day. Price on application depending on the number of people in your group.
Contact us now for details of this amazing Tour to the Aran Islands and Cliffs of Moher.!!!
We are flexible – If you have a particular tour in mind, we would love to hear from you.
Further Information and Bookings : Contact Derek : Tel : + 353 (0) 87 2704380 Email : email@example.com. PM on Facebook.